Ref. 213556795 | 2021-04-16 09:44:35
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: We are recruiting for a Senior Consultant (Cisco Switching and Routing / Wireless).
The role of the Senior Consultant is to provide expert design and deployment of technical solutions and services to CAE's customers. Senior Consultants are responsible for leading technical teams to deliver complex projects from design to transition into BAU teams. Senior Consultants must be expert in all forms of commination at all levels of an organisation.
Working with our presales and PMO teams, the senior consultant leads teams that takes ownership of the delivery of technical solutions within our UK-wide client base.
This role will include extensive UK-wide travel to customer sites and some out of hours work as dictated by the requirements of assigned projects. The successful candidate therefore must be comfortable with working unsociable hours, long-distance driving and be willing to stay away from home when required.
The role may include secondment onto customer sites for longer term contracts for BAU / support activities and project work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
– Provide technical presales support to our agile sales team, which includes:
– Attendance to customer meetings/presentations
– Creation of proposals, BOM's and solution and service designs
– Creation of high and low-level designs
– Peer review deliverables as required
– Lead technical teams in delivery.
– Lead the delivery of documentation and articles required as detailed but not limited to, HLD, LLD, Test Plans, SoE and Change Controls.
– Installation of solutions and services as designed either by presales, themselves or another member of the professional services team
– Create detailed documentation of all tasks undertaken
– Support the service desk in providing customer support as diary allows
– Provide progress updates and timesheets on a daily basis
– Store documentation, in a central location, and on the ticket as appropriate
– Meet personal and team KPIs set by your manager
– Undertake vendor accreditations or training as required to support CAE's vendor accreditations
– Comply with all departmental processes, procedures and policies
– Comply with all Security, Safety, Health & Environmental responsibilities and requirements as detailed in the Company's Security, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies.
As a Senior Consultant you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
In addition to this you must:
– Be able to communicate at all levels of an organisation to CEO level
– Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
– Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services, PMO etc.)
– Be able to work equally as part of a team (with Project Managers, other consultants etc.) or alone depending on the engagement type with a client
– Have a keen eye for detail ensuring accuracy in all BOM's, proposals and documentation
– Be passionate about the technology that you recommend and install
– Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
– Be able to work to deadlines
– Be confident and approachable
– Have a personal development mentality and be willing to cross-skill to meet customer and market demands
– Be a competent long-distance driver
This role would suit a person with experience of working within a busy Professional Services team and who would like to challenge themselves within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Experience of working within an IT reseller or MSP and will be advantageous.
Knowledge & Experience
– Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Senior Consultant within an IT Professional Services role
– Proficient in design, installation and configuration activities within chosen specialist technical area
– Provide level 4 support on IT infrastructure
– Experience of the design and implementation of Cisco Networking & Data centre technologies
– In-depth understanding and experience in design and implementation of Cisco and Meraki Networking & Architecture platforms and technologies
– In-depth understanding and experience in design and implementation of Cisco and Meraki Wireless platforms and technologies
– In-depth understanding and experience in design and implementation of Cisco and Meraki Wireless & Architecture platforms and technologies
– Cisco Security – Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco CES, Cisco CloudLock, Cisco CWS, Cisco Ironport, Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco vASA, Cisco ISE
– Cisco Datacentre – Cisco Nexus, Cisco ACI, Cisco UCS
– Palo Alto Firewalls & Traps
– Exposure to other Datacentre technologies
– Exposure to other security products from the likes of – Meraki, Checkpoint, Juniper etc.
– Highly Desirable – Cisco Networking – Cisco DNA, Cisco SDWAN, Cisco SDA
– Highly Desirable – Cisco Datacentre – Cisco Nexus, Cisco ACI, Cisco UCS
– Highly Desirable – Cisco Security – Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE
– Highly Desirable – Cisco Collaboration – Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Webex Teams
Qualifications & Training
– Minimum CCIE certified
– Full driving licence
CAE Technology Services are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity across our workforce. We aim to provide a fair and consistent job application process and to not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin or disablement.
Please note, we will always endeavour to acknowledge every application we receive, however, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to every individual with specific feedback
Salary Type: Annum
Salary: £NEG Depending on level / experience
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.