Ref. 213408329 | 2021-03-22 16:18:40
Town: | Country: United Kingdom
Desccription: Heard of us?
We're an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance…
Data is core to Aldermore: the data that customers have entrusted the Bank with needs to be managed with care and respect to ensure its accuracy, completeness, and usability. Data, therefore, has strategic and tactical importance and should be treated as an asset which must be managed and leveraged for maximum return. The Data Management team are responsible for ensuring that our data asset is reliable, understood, useful and trusted for all to use – for customer, operational, management and analytical purposes.
We are a high performing, high profile team. We have worked hard to establish ourselves as trusted advisors; providing the correct balance of knowledge and challenge which supports managers and leaders make the right decisions at difficult times.
The role of Data Governance Analyst is really important to us. You will be responsible for designing, embedding and monitoring the implementation of Privacy by Design, ensuring that the bank builds on its GDPR maturity level and maintains compliance by making data privacy into BAU
The role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and when the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager the Head of Data Governance and Data Management and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
* Acting as the SME and Custodian of our OneTrust privacy hub platform, ensuring that there is continuous improvement in our approach to protecting personal data and that we are GDPR compliant.
* You will be defining and maintaining the overall metadata model in alignment with architectural data models and advocating and supporting the maintenance of its components across both business and technology teams.
* With a passion for data quality you will be defining and assisting the Data Management Analysts in implementing the Key Quality Indicators (KQIs) that track the quality of the data asset and inform the build of the associated periodic KQI reporting.
* Supporting the Head of Data Governance and Management in the definition and documentation of: Training and awareness materials; Standard Operating Procedures; Business Process Management; Policies and Standards across the whole of the Group.
What do we expect of you?
* Prior experience of working across Data Management / Governance environments to ensure the continued improvement of critical data across the organisation.
* A working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
* An in-depth understanding of the regulatory and legislative demands upon a regulated organisation, and how that impacts its approach to data management.
* Experienced in building cross departmental relationships – specifically with Audit, Compliance, Finance, Enterprise Security and Technology.
* Passionate and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working within a fast paced and dynamic organisation.
What can you expect of us?
* A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
* A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
* A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
* A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.